It has been about a year now since I self-destructed my old blog. After 10 years of using it to build content, I sent it all to the trash.
If you’ve ever worked with me in the past, you might be scratching your head by now.
This seems… odd. Here’s the thing. Times change, people grow, and new goals pop up as old ones are checked off. I’ll get to all of that in a bit.
A Fresh Start Out West
For those of you that have missed it, Andrea and I moved to Colorado in the summer of 2017. We came out here for a variety of reasons, and we’re happy to say that we’re absolutely in love with it. There’s nothing quite like going for a walk in your neighborhood and looking out at snow capped mountains. It’s something that I reflect on everyday.
Not only did we move across the country (ask me about driving through Kansas sometime…), but we started two companies:
- Ekmark Family, LLC (oh yeah – family biz)
- NewElevation, Inc: I get to work with friends that I’ve known since I was 12 years old.
What I’m Doing Now
I’m going to keep sharing about Internet marketing on this blog, but from a different (more seasoned) perspective. Along the road, I’ve had some big wins and a few losses, and I’m going to be adding those into the mix as well. Writing is still very much a passion of mine, and I love to share about what we’re learning. While I truly hope that it helps someone else, I honestly do it to mark milestones along the way.
Besides rambling on a blog, I’m also:
- Helping Businesses Grow: For over a decade, I’ve been helping businesses grow through paid media, lead generation, search engine optimization, and marketing strategy. I’ve started to help with business development, networking, and conversion optimization as well. You can contact me about working together over here >>
- Investing/Advising in SaaS Projects: This has been on my list for a few years, and I finally get to help push out a few products. I’ll be sharing more on this in a few weeks, so add me to your RSS reader (lolz).
- Acquiring/Building Websites and Monetizing Them: Other than helping my own clients, I build/buy sites by myself and with NewElevation and then monetize them. It’s not fancy, but it’s not a bad gig either. It also shows that I put my money where my mouth is to my clients.
- Investing in General: I really enjoy Internet marketing, so growing my income/wealth passively so that I can focus on clients and my own projects is the goal.
- Real Estate Investment: The #1 thing that I have wanted to do since high school was own rental properties. I’m not kidding. We haven’t taken the leap yet, but I’m sure the topic will somehow make it’s way into this site as well. I’m currently in research and education mode. My most recent purchase was a text book.