Local businesses have a unique opportunity when it comes to Internet marketing. Unfortunately, that same opportunity can be the cause of a significant amount of issues and confusion (thanks gurus!).
When it comes to expanding your local web presence, there are a few essentials that I strongly recommend to business owners seeking Internet dominance.
Local Internet Marketing Basics for 2017
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly and easy to use: Most local businesses that I work with are receiving 75% of their website traffic from a mobile device. Now that Google has made mobile friendliness a ranking factor, having a mobile friendly website is an absolute necessity.
- Optimize your site with quality content to help potential customers: Content is king, but only if it actually helps your customer. Local businesses can benefit significantly with well written, relevant, easy to read content.
- Fix any search engine optimization issues: There’s no need to get fancy, but you do need to cover the basics. Solid keyword research, competitive analysis, and implementation will go a long way.
- Run traffic to your site through Facebook ads: Opportunities like Facebook ads are rare, and they typically price out your average small business quickly. Facebook ads are still a massive opportunity… for now. Start investing!
- Manage your local listings: Claim, correct, and protect! Customers use local listings to read reviews (also important to your rankings), look up hours of operation, call your business, and find directions.
Have questions about improving your local Internet marketing strategy? Contact me to schedule a call or a cup of coffee.